1 ) Coordination with the concerned departments for facility upkeep & maintenance of the following scope:-
Civil work (painting, plastering, flooring, false roofing/ceiling, water proofing etc).
Medical gases (Gas Manifold)
Non- medical equipments
EPABX (internal Telephone networking)
Sewage Treatment Plant
Lifts / elevators
2) User satisfaction:- Redress patient / user end complaints related to maintenance scope & resolve at the earliest based on priority.
3) Water Supply:-
- Ensure that continuous water supply to the hospitals is in time & water is pumped to overhead tanks.
- Prepare for back-up plans during water shortage.
- Help Infection control team for coordination cleaning of Overhead tanks to dispense safe potable water.
4) Electrical supply related:-
- Ensure electricity is supplied, distributed & maintained appropriately to all identified areas.
- Ensure that it is safe & is monitored for usage.
- Ensure Back-up of electrical supply for critical areas.
- Ensure Electrical Outage plan is in place & implemented during electricity failure.
- Be responsible for upkeep of all electrical installations.
- Be responsible for maintenance of all mechanical devices/ equipments/ machines related to support in Repair, Modification, Lubricating and Replacement.
- Responsible for service repair, upkeep & minor maintenance of hospital vehicles (Ambulance, Ambulette & Company Cars).
- Coordinate for servicing of vehicles & validate the cost involved.
6) Other Inter-Departmental facilitation & support:-
- Support IT team with EPABX maintenance for all hardware related issues.
- Support CSSD maintenance in HCG - Double road facility.
- Support projects team in minor renovation & civil repair works in the hospital on request.
- Support in organization related "in-house events" related to:-
- Arranging layout & Installation of sound/ lighting/ system displays & stage set-up.
7) Purchase related activities:-
Support & coordinate with Operations/ Purchase & Stores, for Modification, Replacement and Procurement of new items for a minor project/ maintenance requirement by involving in Collect quotations & Vendor selection on technical grounds.
8) Disaster Management:-
- Coordinate with Safety Officer & Operations during situations of Water Logging, Electrical & Water Supply outage and Lift Outage in case of power failure and execute the plan instructed/ trained.
- Preparation of Seasonal Change with respect to air-conditioning, drainage, etc.
9) Training responsibilities:-
- Responsible for Training of departmental staff in technical SOPs, Documentation, and Disaster Management Program.
- Lead the team by sharing knowledge and conducting regular training to the department staff with regards to their specialization
- Evaluate the team members for their performance & identify their training requirements; requesting to HR for arranging appropriate training in the areas identified.
10) Quality related:-
- Monitor "Turn Around Time" for complaint resolution and maintain minimum TAT as a key performance indicator.
- Monitor other quality Indicators on a regular basis, document the same, analyze & plan accordingly for improvements.
- Work towards cost-effective programs on :-
- Electrical cost saving/Water conservation/ waste reduction.
- Reduce fuel wastage.
- Support QI team during internal / external audits in their scope of activities.
- Initiate Quality
11) Financial Controls
- Monitor & Control the areas by virtue of scrutinizing reports on
- Diesel consumption by Generators.
- Telephone usage
- Minimize electrical and water expenses
- Oxygen & gas supply
- Ambulance petrol usage.
- Verify, validate & authorize the bills generated by the maintenance department and forward to accounts for clearance after due approvals.
- Maintain all quotations collected for internal audit purpose.
12) Administration related:-
- Prepare and implement polices protocols and work procedures related to maintenance operations and ensure smooth operations of the department.
- Maintain all documents, indents, stock accounts, bill copies, requisitions, permissions, reports and present to appropriate departments like Internal audit, Administration, Operations, QA etc on request.
- Prepare & allocate duty postings to Maintenance team members and arrange staff duties in case of uninformed absences.
- Prepare budgets for the upcoming financial year, participate in negotiations relating to this department and ensure that proper accountability is maintained to minimize the unnecessary expenditure.
13. Workplace safety and ethics:
- Ensure that all protective equipment is available to Maintenance staff and ensure "zero" workman Injury by providing all safety gear that is required for any maintenance work. (electrical safety Gloves, Harnesses, Helmets, Raincoats, etc
- Perform other activities /duties as and when assigned by the reporting manager.
- Respect all co-workers and ensure no workplace bullying.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Medical / Healthcare / Hospitals
Functional Area: Medical, Healthcare, R&D, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology
Role Category: Medical Professional
Role: Administration Services/Medical Facilities
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent