Position: Staff Nurse
Job Type: Permanent
Experience: 1-10 years
Salary : Depending on experience
Education qualification: GNM / BSc / ANM
for any queries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / 78960 42965
- Report to the floor Incharge on duty.
- Be punctual for the duties.
- Check and take over the instruments and equipments.
- Attend doctor's rounds & follow the orders.
- Attend 6 hrs of training in a month.
- Take charge of the patient and patient's records.
- Check oxygen and suction on daily basis
- Get the oxygen humidifier and suction bottle cleaned as per hospital policy.
- Supervise the nursing aids when they are attending the personal hygiene of the patient's.
- On admission receive the patient and make him / her comfortable. See that the beds are made prior to the patient's entry to wards.
- Room Orientation to be given to the patients.
- Dietary information to given .During night to be informed caf© staff.
- Inform duty doctor/ consultant.
- Special attention to vulnerable & patient on restrains.
- Initial assessment to be completed with in 3o mts of admission & reassessment in each shift.
- All patient care plans has to be documented & should be modified as per the condition of patients.
- Vital signs & pain assessment to be checked in every 4 hourly & as when required.
- All information to be exchanged & documented in each staffing shift , between shift & during transfer between unit / departments
- Indent the medication as per the written order.
- Collect the lab reports in time and inform the concerned consultant.
- For any investigation or any procedure the patient should be prepared as per the consultants order, and shifted as per hospital policy, reports to be obtained in time and inform to the concerned consultant. While shifting the patient a nursing aid should accompany the patient, serious patient's to be accompanied by a duty doctor.
- Complete the nurse's documents immediately after each procedure.
- See vulnerable & post -op patients frequently, check vital signs and record frequently.
- Observe IV Line frequently so that there are no extravasations/ infiltration.
- Infection control protocols to be carried out .
- Check for chemotherapy patients -chemo-plan is written by the respective consultant, if not get it written and then only ask the onco-nurse to start the chemotherapy.
- Check for consent and check list which needs to be filled before each chemo-cycle is started.
- Check pre-op patient for local preparation, site marking , investigate reports, consent anesthesiologists' pre-op check
- And premedication orders and complete it.
- Check hourly temperature, BP of all patients on chemotherapy, very ill patients, any fall or rise in vital signs inform duty doctor/consultant immediately and take written instruction.
- Telephonic orders can be taken only at the time of emergency only & it must be confirmed by another staff nurse or duty doctor and documented in the progress notes. On the very next consultant's visit get the order documented in the doctor's progress notes.
- Blood & blood products to have double check before
- All procedures to be entered in activity card immediately after procedure.
- Put your signature and name wherever it is applicable.
- To attend classes regularly.
- On patient's discharge, see that the discharge procedure is carried out as per the policy .
- Enter in the activity card immediately after each procedure.
- Indent only the required quantity of medicine and disposables, see that the returns are made early, do not wait till the patient is discharged.
- Death care to be given with respect.
- All staff should know about all codes & how to raise emergency codes .
- To co-ordinate and work for the smooth functioning of the hospital
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Medical / Healthcare / Hospitals
Functional Area: Medical, Healthcare, R&D, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology
Role Category: Medical Professional
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent