Roles and Responsibilities
Operate Linear Accelerators, and other radiation therapy equipments to administer radiation treatment prescribed by Radiation Oncologists.
- Check Radiation Therapy equipment to ensure proper operation,
- Assist Radiation Oncologist and Clinical Physicist with preparation of radiation treatment plan.
- Assist in the construction of device such as plaster of Paris cast and acrylic moulds to assist with administration of radiation treatment.
- Monitor the patient’s physical and psychological well being during the entire course of treatment.
- Ensure that the patient receiving treatment understands the importance of treatment procedures.
- Advice the patient regarding the side effects of the treatment.
- Train and supervise student RT technologists as supervised by other RT technologists.
- Cautiously and carefully position the patients such that the useful radiation beam is directed and limited to anatomical area to be treated.
- Double check all the treatment parameters before setting the monitor unit according the prescribed treatment dose.
- Apply appropriate shielding blocks and wedge filters and other accessories as prescribed in the treatment plan whenever necessary to achieve high accuracy of dose distribution within the volume of interest.
- Perform and document the results of many routine tasks for the safe use of licensed material as established in the radiation safety program.
- Assist the authorized users and medical physicist in ensuring that the treatment portal or location is accurate and that all instruction and information regarding administration of prescribed dose are clearly recorded and understood by all responsible parties.
- Ensure that the fractionated dose is administered as prescribed each time on a daily basis and that the correct patient receives the appropriate prescribed dose.
- Maintain required records to document safety checks and procedures and various other aspects of radiation safety program.
Desired Candidate Profile
Bachelor in Medical Radiological Technology/ Bachelor in Science Radiotherapy / PGDMRT/ DMRT with AERB Certification
Perks and Benefits
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area: Medical
Role Category: Medical Professional
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent